One thing clients often question is the wisdom of collecting membership dues online.
Why should we give away 3% to the credit card company?
Why pay when checks don’t cost us a thing?
Why make things more difficult?
We believe the benefits of accepting dues payments online far outweigh the costs. One of the first councils to use our payments system had excellent results. Top amongst them were:
- Collected more than one year of arrears from 6 members
- Received prompt payment from several members who usually don’t pay until receiving a Knight Alert letter.
- Reduced number of bounced checks.
- 90% of dues were collected before January 1st, as opposed to 60% the previous year.
- Significantly less work for the Financial Secretary and retention committee.