New Feature: Sponsor System
We are pleased to announce the official launch of our council sponsorship system. Many of you have asked for this and we have spent the past 3 months working to develop this for you.
The system is easy to use and only takes a few minutes to activate.
Please note, our sponsorship system uses Stripe Payments to collect payment from your sponsors and make deposits to your council. As such, your council will need to open and connect a Stripe account to our platform before you can activate the sponsor system. If you have a council cheque it takes less than 10 minutes to setup Stripe and there is no cost to do so.
Once activated, your sponsorship system offers the following:
- The ability to generate revenue for your council
- Three levels of sponsorship:
- Gold – Full sized add, dedicated page, logo on homepage, and the ability upload pdf documents.
- Silver – Small add, dedicated page, and full business details.
- Bronze – Small add, minimal business details.
- Your council sets the selling price
- Dedicated Sponsors Page – Added to the menu at the top of your site
- Full Sponsor Console where your sponsors can:
- See a list of all adds they have with all councils on our platform
- Update their ads
- Change their payment information
- Request cancellation
- Full support for you and your sponsors from Grassroots Hosting
Grassroots Hosting will collect a fee equal to about 25% of all sponsorship payments made to your council. This includes the standard Stripe processing fees. We collect this to cover the ongoing cost of maintaining, upgrading, and securing the system, as well as providing support to you and your sponsors. We think this fee is very reasonable, especially when compared to our leading competitor which charges 50%.
Simply login to your council’s web dashboard. Move your mouse over the “Council Info” menu item on the left, and click on “Sponsor System”.
If you have any difficulty, please do not hesitate to contact us.